Monday, April 28, 2014

Simple White Cake

This is the first time I have tried this recipe and I LOVE IT!!! It's the best cake I've ever made! It tastes like a sugar cookie and is just dense enough it doesn't fall apart when you frost it. Although, it's not totally a "white" cake, it's a little yellow-ish. I think by only using egg whites and not the whole egg, it would be white. Anyway, here it is:

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes (in gas oven)
Size: 13x9 inch pan or 24 cupcakes

Ingredients:
2 cups white sugar
1 cup butter
4 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
3 cups of flour (we use unbleached organic)
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups of milk (I used our very first goat's milk!)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 13x9 inch pan or line two cupcake pans with paper liners.

2. In a medium bowl or stand mixer, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder in separate bowl. Add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.

3. Bake for 45 to 50* minutes in the preheated oven. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.

*Cook times may vary by oven. The original recipe that I based mine on says to bake a 9 x 9 cake for 30 to 40 minutes and cupcakes 20 to 25 minutes. Since I doubled and adjusted that recipe, mine took longer. I started the timer at 35 and added 10 mintues twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment